Sunday, September 30, 2007

Love Professed - The 20 Question Test

People (Women, especially) who profess to love me, or "be in love" with me, would do well to answer the following 20 questions about the *real* me. Why I suggest this, is because if what you love about me is based on some fantasy that you have, we're not going to get very far in any kind of committed relationship.

All of the information you need to answer these questions is either available on my blog:

http://thelifewreckblog.blogspot.com/

and/or if I've sent you this test in e-mail, I've already made it clear to you in plain English - and if English is not your cup of tea, we've still got a deep issue to overcome (albeit if only in terms of communication).

Answer the following to the best of your ability (you're welcome to look it up if needed).

If you refuse to respond appropriately to this test, then clearly you do not know me / understand me well enough to "love" me, and your efforts to convince me of same are pointless indeed.

I will not enter a deep relationship (beyond a simple friendship) with anyone who refuses to know the real me - if only to the point of what I'm willing to share publicly.

You are welcome to be as elaborate (lengthy) in your answers as you wish. If you can get close to expressing the reality of who I am (as publicly presented), that is all that counts.

Here we go...

1. What is my significant physical disability/challenge today?


2. What is the most painful aspect of the above disability/challenge? In other words, what bothers me the most about it?


3. (Easy one) How old am I?


4. What is my current marital status (please be very specific)?


5. Why do I appreciate my current marital status as a positive thing?


6. What is most significant about my current financial situation. Again, please be as specific as you can.


7. What is my favorite alcohol beverage (evidence of this is clear on my blog - feel free to look)? [Important! - This has changed recently! - see my comment (this post) as of 10/3/2007]


8. What is my favorite general area of interest (as evidenced by the "Other Sites I Like" section of my blog)?


9. Why do I have a blog? (You can use my own words, expressed clearly there)


10. What city in California, USA, do I work in?


11. What city in California, USA, do I live in?


12. Essay question - Purpose - learning your general attitudes about me, my sense of humor, my oddities, etc.: Why do you think I find the blogs/web sites in the Interesting Blogs/Sites section of my blog "interesting"? (You don't have to actually visit the sites to answer this one well). Please be as thorough as you can with this one - I'm not an easy bird to capture. :)


13. Free question that gets you extra points for real thought (hollow compliments don't work well): If you could use one word to describe my core personality, what word would you use?


14. What's the most usual form of transportation I use? (e.g., to go to work, shopping, etc.)


15. What's the 2nd most usual form of transportation I use?


16. I recently gave up something most people (in the USA anyway) consider a necessity in their lives. What was it?


17. Why did I give up the thing in #16?


18. Do I now regret giving up that thing (#16)? Why or why not?


19. Do I believe in God (omnicient, omnipotent creator of all that is)?


20. Who and/or what is "Tovy"? :)


Thanks for taking my little test (if you did). Please understand; the point of this test is not to put you "on the spot", or judge you in any way. The point of it is that I truly believe that no one can really love me unless they know who I really am. And that is a very complex thing - it doesn't happen overnight, and no, it isn't as easy as reading a blog - but that's a good start, because I'm making every effort to be as real, and open, and honest about all my issues, thoughts, feelings, stupidities, ad nauseum on there.

So take this in the quasi-cynical tone it's meant, enjoy it if you can, and when you decide you're "in love" with someone (whether it be me or not), take my advice, and *slow down*. If you've got time to love, you've got time to love for *real*.

Paul S - AKA LifeWrecked

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I can answer most of these, and I'm not trying to 'net the bird'. Really, Paul. What are you giving back, here? Are you answering HER questionaire? My goodness, friend. If you were try'na be my boyfriend, I'd tell ya to take a hike after this lil doozy. Even if (and, especially if) I knew the answers! ROFL.

Anonymous said...

Good guess Linda, :)

But actually, it's a deadly serious tome I actually sent in e-mail today to not one, but *two* of my latest Singlesnet contacts in Ghana.

As you may have read already, apparently in Ghanan culture, you talk to a girl, you darn near marry her. Both of these girls, when I chat with them, give me never ending "love of my life" come-ons. Well C'mon! I can barely communicate with you, since English isn't particularly your thing, so how on Earth do you know who I am well enough to "love" me? I just got too frustrated and disgusted at the latest request to "send me 50$ so I can call you on the phone".

Enough is enough, ya know? :)

So I now wait to see if *anyone* has a clue. I know I'm no good catch on the hearing/lifestyle/financial front, so why on Earth would anyone ply me with professions of undying love, merely on the baseis of a Singlesnet profile (paltry, at best)? It's just too nuts. They're either working a scam, or so hopelessly desparate and immature that I'd be crazy to get seriously involved with them.

With an appropriate nod to your sensible mate selection criteria, I remain yours...

Paul S - AKA LifeWrecked. :)

Anonymous said...

maybe singlesnet isn't the place to be hanging out? I tried a "chat room" once, a decade ago, at least, and it was like sitting in a dark room to me. (Partially so bizarre to me because I had been addicted to text based Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs)) That's what you need, some MUDs, or MOOs or MUSHs. Much more interesting and creative people in places like that!
-Ransom

Anonymous said...

Oh, trying to get me into MUD, eh? :) :) :)

Not *too* surprising from you, Ransom. :)

The only thing about that idea tha vexes me, is, how much time would I need to spend playig the game?

Oh, I know, I'm playing games right now, but methinks they're more my speed. :)

Thanks for the comment though. I know it comes from the heart. :)

Paul S... AKA...

Anonymous said...

News Flash!: 10/3/2007. My favorite alcohol beverage has just changed! It is now, Thy Holiest Beverage: Stella Artois. Please see the link to the International Church of Alcohol in my "Interesting Blogs/Sites" section.

Anonymous said...

Well rats! I go to take a peek at the ICA web page, and it's gone! Here's hoping that's only temporary - in the meantime...

In the name of The Stella, The Smirnoff and The WKD, Beer Bless You all!